- Reading this article made me realize that it is OK to run a space that does not necessarly look or run like a main-stream gallery.
- Gallery's are always constantly changing--they act like fluid forms. If gallery's are always changing, than why should an artist be stuck showing in a white cube? If artists were only allowed to show in a white cube - it would limit they're creativity.
- "Galleries are now trying to brake their ascent to establishment status by interrupting the flow of monthly shows and finished objects, substituting a month long presentation of short exhibitions and even shorter performances."
- There are traditional spaces and alternative spaces, and the fluidity of the white cube falls under the word: transparency.
- "Modes of Attention" and rhetoric displays" are slowly being tossed out out the average white cube space.
A New Boss, and a Jolt of Real-World Expertise
- Many people in the art world where shocked when they found out the news that Jeffery Deitch, a New York art dealer became the director of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles, California.
- Deitch is a prominent business man who received his MBA in business at Harvard.
- He has a fascination with esoteric art. Some people in the art world think is taste in art is ridiculous and some people praise his taste of art.
- The reason why some people are shocked that Deitch is the new director of the Museum of Contemporary art because it is unusual that a art dealer becomes director of a Museum.
- I am in favor of Deitch accepting the role of art director, because he is a business man and the museum was in a financial crisis and they needed someone who is was more of a business man then an art director.
Anti-Mainstream Museum’s Mainstream Show
- Skin Fruit was not a show good for the the New Museums exhibition.
- Seeing the show up close did not make mends with the art world.
- The show featured significant talets such as Mike Kelley and Cindy Sherman.
- The show experienced negative criticism from the beginning.
- The New Musuem's motto was about being Anti-Mainstream but it the New Museums exhibtion was very mainstream.
- The exhibtion was poorly curated .